Sunday, December 27, 2009

Hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas, ours was fairly quiet. We went to my son's home for Christmas Eve. Present were my son, his wife, her daughter (grown), myself and my husband. A small, intimate gathering. Their tree was lovely as usual. Linda (DDIL) cooked a great dinner for us all. What a wonderful cook she is. She made our traditional Lasagna, salad, homemade herb bread and lots of Christmas cookies for dessert. We all ate until we were ready to pop. LOL Then we tackled the gifts. I received gift cards for Borders, Best Buy and a gift card for Cracker Barrel (one of our favorite places to eat) for the both of us. I also received a gift basket with lots of goodies in it -- a large tin of all different teas, a new mug, snuggle socks for those cold nights and a wonderful scented candle. We arrived back home about 9:30 pm. I had to go to work for Christmas day, so DH had the day to rest and relax. He is still not feeling well. I worry about him, but try to keep up a good front. We just continue to take things a day at a time. And thank God for that. We had a great deal of snow right before Christmas and right now it raining or I should say pouring. The snow should be gone by morning. I am working for the next couple of days so stitching time will be sparse. right now I am trying to catch up on all the projects that have fallen behind. sigh!!! Someday I will have the time to stitch as long as I would like to -- maybe. LOL Hope everyone is well.

1 comment:

Carolyn NC said...

Happy New Year to you, Dusty! Hope DH is feeling better.