Saturday, June 12, 2010

Week end Again

Well it has been a quiet and lazy Saturday here. The weather has been overcast and chilly -- hard to believe that it is Mid-June. So we stayed snug inside. Our supper was take out. I told you I was lazy today !! LOL I think the only thing I did around here was make the bed after we got up. I've spent the day stitching and playing on the computer.
I have two finishes. I finally finished the back of an afghan I crocheted for my Father for his Birthday. Now I just need to get it in the mail, as we are not going to be able to go down as planned.

I also finished a Mini Quaker Sampler from the German Marquoir Group. It was fun to stitch and I am quite pleased with the colors that I choose. I wasn't sure at first but I like the look of the finish.

This next piece is also from the Marquoir group and has only one more section and it will be complete also.



In Friday's mail I received my stitched card from Lynn as part of the Stitched Friendship Exchange through Jayne's Attic Forum. Her stitching is so lovely and I also received a nice chatty letter telling me about herself. Definitely a fun exchange.



3 comments:

Julie said...

Beautiful pressie for your dad, it looks a really beautiful blanket to snuggle under.

Your stitching is so neat and lovely, both pieces are pretty.

Wonderful sentiment on the stitched card, it nice to meet new friends who share a passion for the same hobby

Carolyn NC said...

It all looks great - lovely blanket and colors and the stitching is wonderful!

DUSTY said...

Thanks Julie ans Carolyn